I often feel that the large amount of work that the MSABI does week in and week out on the ground in Tanzania is little understood. I thought it would be an interesting idea to post minutes from a typical weekly MSABI meeting. Cheers, Dale.
STARTING TIME 8:30 AM
DR. NIKLAUS HOLBRO, NAOMI NGE’NDO, SAMSONI CHITALIKA, HIJA CHOYO, CHRISTINA MSAHALA, MAURUSI SAMBAKALI,BRUNO SANGA, SELEMANI KINANA, KIRANI GODWA, ELVIRA CADAN.
ABSENT WITH APOLOGOGY
HASHIM MTOI, MARRIE KERRY.
WEEKLY MSABI PROGRESS AND ACTIVITIES
The meeting started as follows:-
· e stiHhhhhHe has done the actual costs of the project for the months of January to August, and has ascertained good estimates for September where he is now on the way scanning the receipts and charges them to the respective subproject. He went on saying that he has done cost estimates for the upcoming ten months starting on Oct 2011 to July 2012.
· He HHHhjhgjHe has also suggested that for tuktuk registration cards should be followed to Dar es Salaam. He has already communicated to the tuktuk dealers where they said MSABI has to bring to them an original of the TIN, and the registration numbers of the two tuktuk.
· HIn IjhghahcdaIIn connection to that he has communicated to Real Insurance for the workers’ insurance.
· He is working with community drama team training
· He is working to get the phone numbers of the sub village chairman for community drama timetable schedule.
· To follow DFP plates and tuktuk registration cards to Morogoro and in Dar es salaam.
· Trip to Ruaha National Park where the MSABI car is rented and he will come back on Tuesday.
· In pottery they still working with their own activities.
· He is making a new design small guide block
· He is preparing pump pack and after finishing, he submits to Hashimu and Maurusi to bring them to the clients at the time of opening a borehole and training.
· He surveyed 113 out of 130 water points and plans to proceed with other 17 left
· He showed Samson pottery and how are the filter pots being made.
· He planned to go to Kiyongwile primary school to fix the broken and stacked guide block.CHRISTINA:
· She is scanning the installation and drilling log to create saved data for each borehole.
· Receiving client explain them various categories of our services and giving them application forms for boreholes and bring them at the meeting for discussion and approval. Then she calls back the clients telling them whether they have been accepted or rejected to get the applied service.
· Doing other clerical work as a secretary.
· He is doing movie with Ueli about MSABI .
· Sanitary seal, good designing of sanitary seal.
· He want to sit with Bruno and listing out big guide block
· He wanted to know about installation record so that he sits with Maurusi and ask about it.
· Planned to call a guy in Dar whether we can get small ceramic guide block which is convenient to MSABI
· John has come with a guide design of guide block made of iron
· He went to Sululu for survey and he has advised that a borehole should be drilled 50 m away from the school according to the results obtained from GM machine.
· Last month’s boreholes done are (3 Ifakara both TBL, 2 Mbingu- TBL and US AID, 2 Mofu for TRAIL FAMILY and USAID)
· He went in the pottery and saw how pots are being made
· He saw the machines working how it produces a pots, it was very funny to him and liked it.
· He saw how the temperatures are changed to get the standard temperature in the kiln.
· Also saw how water is being filtered by the pots made by MSABI.
· He went to see how drilling is made and saw the finalizing stage of the boreholes but he real wanted to see how the initial stages of drilling are.
· She went to Namawala where one private latrine is being built and left Stanslaus and Peter working.
· She is waiting the school in Mngeta to prepared materials up to next Wednesday, if they fail till that day they will move to other school probalbly Mhelule in Mang’ula or Ngai in Mngeta
· She went to Madukani primary school to make negotiation for the Sky hydrant and water kiosk but the head teacher didn’t show good response, but if same situation will persist then they will to check other schools, proposed to be Mbasa or Mrabani both in Ifakara.
· He said that MSABI expect to get new office in Tanzania Training Centre for International Health (TTCIH).
· He proposed that we organize our hard files again and check what we need to keep and move to the new office and trash unwanted so as to remove the mess prevailing at the moment.
The meeting was closed at 10:15 am and members disbursed to their respective working station promising to do their targeted objectives of the week.