Just a quick note to say that today we completed a pump test on our first borehole and the results were better than expected.
The flowrate is upwards of 1,200 L/hr more than ample to sustain a permanent water point!
The depth of the borehole is 24.5m and the water level was measured at 6m below the surface, indicating that the aquifer that we have found is confined and under pressure - hence the water level is high. The water is very good quality as it was found between rock layers.
To update you on the lost drill bit. We finally conceeded defeat today at lunch time after trying for 3 days to recover it. We ended up breaking our fishing tool trying to recover it. We backfilled over the drill bit with gravel and then installed our well casing.
The whole MSABI team is very very happy!